Holy Moly, Kids! TVWriter™ Turned 20 Years Old This Year & We Forgot to Tell You!
Talk about embarrassing. Among other things going on during the year 2018 – for better and for worse – this year also marks the 20th Anniversary of TVWriter™, and we were so caught up in the day-to-day chaos that we didn’t just forget to tell y’all, we also forgot the exact date.
So, having checked and rechecked our info, here’s an exciting factoid with which we can close out TVWriter™’s 2018 books:
Our Founder, Larry Brody registered the URL “TVWriter.Com” twenty years, five months, and four+ weeks ago, on July 1st, 1998 and went live with it the next day.
The original heading for the site was “The TV Writer Home Page” primarily because at the time all domains were called “home pages.” Over the next few years the heading evolved into “TVWriter.Com,” and about 4 years ago we started calling it TVWriter™, omitting the “.Com” thing (because we actually had relocated to a “.Net” URL, but that’s a whole other story).
TVWriter™ has been a labor of love for Larry Brody and the various volunteers who have helped him through these years, and we offer both our gratitude and our congratulations to everyone who has contributed so much time, energy, and talent to the site.
Inasmuch as we’re taking a much needed Winter Break right now and won’t be back with new articles and posts until January 2nd, we thought we would give our visitors a treat – and keep you busy – in the form of this linked list of our most popular posts and pages over TVWriter™’s wonderful twenty years of interweb life.
Here they are, TVWriter™’s 50 most visited articles, starting with Numero Uno and working down. Enjoy:
- ‘The Following’ Season 4 was Cancelled by Fox Because the TV Series Became a Victim of Lazy Writing!
- Writing the Dreaded Outline
- How To Write The Perfect TV Series Review To Captivate Your Readers
- PEOPLE’S PILOT 2018 Writing Contest
- Empty Promises: My experience submitting scripts to Amazon Studios
- Looking for TV Pilot Scripts?
- SPIDER-MAN UNLIMITED SECOND SEASON ARC
- The Logline
- 8 Tips for Writing for Children’s TV Shows
- THE PEOPLE’S PILOT – Enter
- Tyler Perry Tells Us How to Become a Famous Writer
- LB: Where Did THE FALL GUY Live?
- THE PEOPLE’S PILOT: Rules
- The Outline/Story
- THE PEOPLE’S PILOT: Prizes
- Nikita Season 1 Finale – Recap and Review
- How to Write a Script for an Animated Show
- THE BASICS OF TV WRITING: Overview
- Supernatural Season 1 Finale – Recap and Review
- TV Writers: How To Navigate Staffing Season
- Yes, Kids, There Really are TV Writers in New York City
- Kathryn Graham: What Makes ClexaCon Special?
- The Teleplay
- MAKING THE CUT: 10 TIPS FROM WRITING FELLOWSHIP WINNERS
- THE PEOPLE’S PILOT: About
- LB: What Was It Like to Work with Lynda Carter & Loni Anderson?
- Barbara Hale: Perry Mason’s Right-Hand Gal(e)
- What’s the Difference Between a Cartoon & a Meme?
- Stream ‘Doctor Who’ Audio Dramas – Free!!!
- Kurt Vonnegut’s Rejected Master’s Thesis – on Writing
- The Leavebehind
- munchman sees ‘Killjoys’
- Everybody Remembers Floyd the Barber…and if You Don’t, You Should!
- THE PEOPLE’S PILOT: Winners
- The Silver Surfer
- See It Free: Kevin Smith’s New Pilot: ‘Hollyweed’
- Retro Review: ‘The Girl With Something Extra’
- Herbie J Pilato tells All About the Origin of the Classic Series KUNG-FU
- So You Want to Make a Web Series – Step 1
- Larry Brody: “She Loves Me!” Um, Maybe…kinda…sorta?
- Spider-Man Unlimited
- ‘Designing Women’ Creator Goes Public With Les Moonves War: Not All Harassment Is Sexual
- Jon Paul Burkhart Talks About Producing Short Films
- Nikita Season 2 Episode 1 – Recap and Review
- Jon Paul Burkhart Talks About ‘Sick For Toys’ – His Upcoming Psychological Thriller
- Larry Brody: ‘Live! From Paradise! #3’ – Fred & Dead
- Indie Video & Film: ‘Division’
- WELCOME TO TVWRITER™
- Herbie J Pilato has a Few Important Words to Say About a Kid Name of ‘Rudolph
- Larry Brody: Of Course TV is Childish. Here’s Why.