- Anthony Zuiker (CSI) has sold his new drama series, THE BOUNTY, to ABC. (And it actually looks like something new and different: “THE BOUNTY centers around one victim’s quest for justice…After her family murdered, a national frenzy erupts as she inspires…the largest bounty in history for the killer’s capture.” We love how Rod Serling-esque this show sounds.)
- Evan Daugherty (SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN) is writing ABC’s ESMERELDA, a limited series based on The Hunchback of Notre Dame. (Sorry but our hopes aren’t all that high re this one. SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN? ESMERELDA? Remember when we used to say “Meh?”)
- Ali Adler (THE NEW NORMAL) is writing the pilot for ABC’s new untitled comedy about what moms do while their exes have the kids. (Another show about a topic we’ve never seen on TV before. Definitely in our plus column, ABC D-folks.)
- Danny Strong (LEE DANIELS’ THE BUTLER) is writing an untitled Fox pilot described as “a hip hop drama.” (We figure this one could go either way, especially since it’s being directed by Lee Daniels. But if we had the opportunity we’re honestly not sure we’d work with a guy who insisted on making his possessory credit – which writers can never get – into the title of his work. Know what we’re sayin’>)
- Michael Vickerman (IMPACT) is writing a 6 episode mini-series for Spike TV about the life and death of a certain Egyptian guy – King Tut himself. (And we think this is even cooler than THE BOUNTY. Politics. Intrigue. Murder. Ni-ice.)
by Team TVWriter Press Service
According to Deadline.Com the show is called TABOO and GOSSIP GIRL executive producer Sara Goodman is writing the pilot script based on a story by Zuiker. Which is quite a relief because we can’t imagine the dood behind the dullest group of police procedurals in the history of all media in the universe writing anything remotely resembling an interesting drama of human pathos. Or whatever emotion it is that overwhelms both the characters and the viewers of primetime weepers.
Good for both of them, and for us.