- Robert Kirkman (THE WALKING DEAD) has sold OUTCAST, an exorcism drama based on his upcoming comic book of the same name, to Cinemax. (Cuz you really can’t put all our eggs in one zombie. And everybody knows that exorcists are gonna be the Next Big Thing. What? You didn’t? Oh well…)
- Jeffrey Lieber (NECESSARY ROUGHNESS) is writing and showrunning a Fox “event series” called EVEREST about, you know, mountain climbing. (He’s putting the finishing touches on his writers room even as we, um speak, so getcher agent on the phone. Pronto!)
- Salim Akil (THE GAME) is creating, writing, directing, starring and, of course, showrunning MR. DIRECTOR, an HBO comedy that’s reputedly just like CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM only – aw, you guessed it – about “Black Hollywood.” (Silly us. We thought all of Hollywood was black. Black-hearted anyway. And no, we do not mean “Black at heart.” That would be considerably different. And hipper.)
- Akiva Goldman (A BEAUTIFUL MIND) & Jeff Pinkner (FRINGE) are co-writing a pilot based on the 1990 hit GHOST, about – maybe – this dead guy who’s trying to protect his beautiful wife but… (Yeppers, we love the film. But how’re they gonna do it without Patrick Swayze? Unless…oh, wait, he’s already a ghost, no? So…)
- Drew Goddard (LOST) will be writing and showrunning DAREDEVIL in its new direct-to-Netflix web/TV adventures. (Which we find genuinely exciting cuz…Daredevil done by the man who directed THE CABIN IN THE WOODS just screams with awesome.)
Mr. Lieber’s the one everybody’s listening to in the pic above. Good on him.
Oh, and we kinda suspect that he won’t really like this headline much cuz he’s done a hunka other really great things (Tuck Everlasting, Miami Medical, Necessary Roughness, to name a few) as well. Behold Part 1:
More of this interview:
Awesomely put together by The Bitter Script Reader, whose blog everybody needs to check out.