Sometimes you find writing jobs in the weirdest places. Case in point, this call for a “script writing intern” at Intel:
Here’s what Intel has to say on their website:
Intel Software TV Script Writing Intern
Come and join the Software and Services Group SSG as an Intern and work with the Intel Software TV Team as part of the Developer Content Team.
The responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- The candidate will work with ISTV production staff to write scripts and copy for videos targeting our software developer audience.
- The candidate will work within several of our distribution and archival tools to ensure they are up to date, and utilized correctly.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Be detail oriented, and able to follow instruction while being able to be task completion oriented.
- Research, develop and document technical information.
- Able to analyze technical content and to maintain continuity of style within newly generated content.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
Must be pursuing a bachelor degree in film, video or related field.
Applicants must have a legal right to work in the US without sponsorship.
Minimum of 6 months experience with:
- Planning, develop, organized, write and edit online video
- Technical terminology and cinematic
- Attach your writing portfolio or reel in your job application
Have some understanding to learn the backend of multiple video distribution platforms.
Inside this Business Group
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.
The full job description is HERE
The application form is HERE
If you give this a shot, please let us know what happens!