It’s down to the wire time, but if you’re a pro writer with a recently produced TV or film script, you absolutely must enter this contest! Now!
For over four decades, the HUMANITAS Prize has empowered writers with financial support and recognition to tell stories which are both entertaining and uplifting. HUMANITAS encourages writers who create contemporary media to use their immense power to:
* Encourage viewers to truly explore what it means to be a human being.
* Challenge viewers to take charge of their lives and use their freedom in a responsible way.
* Motivate viewers to reach out in respect and compassion to all their brothers and sisters in the human family.
“HUMANITAS exists to recognize, encourage and empower writers who teach us how to embrace our common humanity by way of their unique and powerful voices. It is a noble mission. We believe film and television have tremendous power. By bringing into our living rooms human beings who are very different from ourselves in culture, race, lifestyle, political loyalties and religious beliefs, we can dissolve the walls of ignorance and fear that separate us from one another.”
– Cathleen Young, HUMANITAS Executive Director
The winners receive both a trophy and a cash award at our annual HUMANITAS Awards Event, which will be held in February 2017.
The HUMANITAS Prize is awarded in the following categories:
- Feature Film Screenplay
- Sundance Feature Film Screenplay
- 60 minute Teleplay
- 30 minute Teleplay
- Feature Documentary
- Children’s Animation
- Children’s Live Action
- No entry fee nor limit to the number of submissions
- Teleplay must be written and produced in the English language for U.S. Television (Broadcast, Cable, Internet and Satellite)
- Teleplay must have had a national release on Television (Broadcast, Cable, Internet and Satellite)
- Feature film screenplay becomes eligible in the year in which it receives a U.S. theatrical release
- Teleplay or film must be aired or released August 1, 2015 through December 31, 2016
Click HERE to submit. Please help us celebrate what is right with television and film.
To learn more about the HUMANITAS Prize, please visit our website at http://www.humanitasprize.org
Contact: Cathleen Young, Executive Director
Cathleen.Young@Humanitasprize.org – 310-454-8769