If you live in New York and this job is on the up and up, the world could be about to become your oyster.
Or, you know, not:
VIDEO and TV COMMERCIAL SCRIPT WRITER (Midtown)
compensation: DOE — Please read the ad carefully. 90-day wage reviews.
employment type: part-timeYou must live within a 40 minute (maximum) commute to Times Square. We verify this via Google Maps utilizing the mass transportation option. Please… Pretty please… New York City Metro Area ONLY. ALL of the Boroughs qualify as acceptable as do certain parts of Northern New Jersey (i.e.: Hoboken, Jersey city, etc). PLEASE do not waste your valuable time by applying and corresponding if you do not live in the Greater Metro NYC area. WE DO NOT WORK REMOTELY — our office is in Midtown and most trains are just a few steps away from our front door.
Someone with the charisma to make people laugh if only just to placate a difficult client, co-worker or both at the same time. Your job… is to be the mischievous devil (creative) in disguise.
Your responsibilities would include:
1. Conceptualizing clear and concise video/commercial concepts and video scripts.
2. Pitching commercial scripts.
3. Anticipating the eyes of clientele who will be remarking on your every word and tempo.
4. Be present every step of the way from conception to fruition (production/editing) of the project.
5. Reaching out to talent, crew, and clientele.
6. Keeping clients and talent informed, updated and happy overall with the workflow of the project. Making sure the project is indeed flowing.
7. And more if you can handle it!
1. Adept screenplay or video writing abilities. You know the format and you know the poetics.
2. Slightly off-center from other artists and writers. You are considered irreverent and funny.
3. You are passionate about video advertising. You love the people and personalities you encounter and love the process of writing.
4. You have a sturdy ego that isn’t easily bruised. You aren’t bothered when it gets hot in the shop and critics chop your ideas to pieces. After all, that’s the advertising game.
THIS IS A PERMANENT PART-TIME POSITION.
You must be LEGALLY authorized to work in the USA and over the age of 18.
If you join us, you will NOT be able to do outside commercial marketing/script copywriting (freelance or otherwise). You CAN bring work in-house and receive most of the revenue from the project, but team members may NOT compete with the agency. We utilize a non-compete agreement.
Our starting compensation ranges from $12 – $19 per hour and is dependent on experience. If you have limited advertising experience, please don’t expect $19/hour to start. We offer salary/performance reviews every 90 days with an opportunity for performance-based revenue increases every 90 days!
Getting our attention is easy:
1) Submit a resume with a city/state location in it. We get loads of resumes with just a phone number in them. We won’t be able to figure out if you are in the NYC metro area with just a phone number.
2) Submit writing samples and/or links to commercials on YouTube that you have written.
3) Take the time to tell us why this is a good fit. Almost everyone romanticizes about ad copywriting but VERY few are willing to put in the hard work. In your email — tell us why you desire the slot. No introduction in your email is a sure way to get passed over by us. . . You’re a writer — write something that shows us that you care!
Thanks for reading!
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
- OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities
Go to Craigslist