LB’S NOTE: Ran across this job listing, along with 100s more nationwide, last weekend at EntertainmentCareers. I didn’t have the necessary qualifications (starting with not looking for a job), but your mileage may vary.
Please remember: This isn’t a recommendation for the gig or the site. But if you respond to the ad, let me know what and how it all goes down.
Writer / Producer, Wheel Of Fortune & Jeopardy!
Culver City, CA
Full Time Job
Writer/ Producer Wheel of Fortune & Jeopardy!, Creative Center Culver City
This is a temporary assignment. The Writer/ Producer is responsible for ideating and day-to-day editing of video content for social campaigns for Wheel of Fortune & Jeopardy! The ideal candidate is a passionate and creative storymaker who has a deep understanding of social voice, tone, and style and a solid understanding of tools, social technology and native platforms – as well as the curiosity to discover the next emerging thing. This person is also experienced in and adept at understanding what it takes to build a strong community presence through their storymaking capabilities and is passionate about what resonates with the fandoms across these two iconic brands. This position reports into VP Video Editorial and is dedicated to VP Social/ Editorial running the Wheel of Fortune/ Jeopardy! accounts.
The Writer/ Producer will work closely with the Creative Center social team and production/ operations teams to ensure a smooth and productive workflow while maintaining high productivity, creative and technical standards in accordance with Sony Creative Center and Sony Pictures Entertainment standards.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
75% Edits video content as assigned.
• Delivers high level creative on schedule.
• Eagerness to find inventive solutions.
• Capacity to work from a variety of sources (dailies, rough cuts, final features, multiple episodes, existing assets etc).
• End-to-end capabilities that include creation of unique graphics and the ability to mix audio and do light color correction.
• Hands-on writing and producing as needed
• Interfaces with Creative Center social team, production and operations teams regarding assignments and workflow.
• Maintains technical standards of all post-production content….