by Team TVWriter™ Press Service
Iceland Writers Retreat is offering one talented writer plane tickets to Iceland and a free delegate’s ticket to its April program.
In addition to a round-trip airfare, the winner will receive a full retreat package including accommodation, tours, most meals and all workshops for the duration of the retreat which runs from 13 to 17 April 2016. The flights must be from a direct destination and the package does not include airport transfers, travel insurance or visas (if required).
The successful candidate must demonstrate that he or she does not have the financial means to attend the conference without this award. Candidates do not need to be professional writers, but should be serious about the craft and interested in developing their skills and contacts.
In order to apply writers need to provide:
- a short statement about themselves including their background, goals and professional experience
- a short statement about why they wish to attend the Iceland Writers Retreat
- an explanation of their financial status
- information about whether they have applied to other funding sources to contribute to the costs of the trip
- details about how, if successful, they would share their experience with other writers
- two writing examples (which may be published or unpublished)
- two written references (to be sent directly to the organisers)
Applications close on Friday 6 November and all supporting materials, including written references, must be supplied by this date. Entry is free. Full info is HERE.