- Erica Rivinoja (UP ALL NIGHT) has made an overall deal with Sony Pictures Television for the usual writing and developing stuff. (UP ALL NIGHT, you’ll remember was such a huge failure on NBC that the star quit. Doesn’t it warm you heart to know that even today we can still fail up?)
- Ricky Gervais (THE OFFICE, etc.) is bringing back David Brent on his new YouTube channel. (Further proof, if anybody needed it, that web series are the new Skynet, destined to take over the world.)
- Casey Johnson & David Windsor (DON’T TRUST THE B—- IN APARTMENT 23) are now developing projects for ABC Studios. (
Doesn’t it warm your heart to know that even today we can still fail up?Oh, wait–)
- Jane Espenson (we think of her as the Dowager Queen of TV sci-fi) and Zack Estrin (ZERO HOUR) are set as writers-producers on the upcoming ABC project WONDERLAND, a spinoff from ONCE UPON A TIME. (Now there’s a switch. Jane’s actually worked on shows – like ONCE UPON A TIME – that succeeded. Good thing Zack’s here to keep proving the failure rule. God, we love Hollywood!)
Yeah, we know you can already cancel your cable service by picking the right free web TV sites and plugging your PC into your TV set. But here’s how to get local stations without spending another hardware dime. (Have you priced TV antennas lately? Ain’t exactly cheap these days.)
Okay, so it isn’t quite as pretty. But it works, dammit! (At least, they say it does. This DIY stuff drives us nuts.)
Here they are, the most viewed TVWriter™ posts for the past week:
And our most viewed resource pages were:
Thanks for making this another great week, and don’t forget to read what you missed, re-read what you loved, and, most importantly, come back for more soon!
- Even more horrendous than its time period competitor, 1600 PENN, although in an entirely different way.
- Ugliest show on TV. Everyone involved should be ashamed. I’m disgusted with myself just for having watched.
If TVWriter™ accepted advertising, here’s who we’d want to be sponsored by: