- Shane Brennan (NCIS everything!) has a new overall deal with CBS TV studios. (Whatever this deal is for, your incredible shrinking munchman believes it isn’t enough. Dude has CBS’s biggest hits to his credit. They should turn the network over to him and let Les His Satanic Majesty Mooves go back to tending bar.)
- JJ Connolly (LAYER CAKE ?WTF?) is adapting Wilbur Smith’s novel Birds of Prey into a series scheduled for the UK. (So we know it has to be good. After all…it’s going to be British. Woo hoo!)
- David Benioff & Dan Weiss (GAME OF THRONES) have signed on for two more seasons on the show. (Which is great news cuz munch me would much rather hang with those guys than with THRONES creator George R.R. Martin. Can you imagine GRRM as your wingman? Didn’t think so.)
- Carol Leifer (SEINFELD) has a memoir – Lessons from a Life in Comedy – coming out April 8th. (The way we hear it, said tome is loaded with life and showbiz lessons. Which should be interesting since the two have absolutely nothing to do with one another. Wait, was that mean? As mean as what I said about His Wonderfulness, George Martin? Cool! Thanks!)
And today’s amazing interweb video logline is:
The raging fangirl has gathered the greatest television writers around and they’re gonna write the best TV show of all time!
… or will they?
And wait till you see the guest stars.
Created by- Leigh Lahav
Backgrounds- Tom Trager
Script- Leigh Lahav, Oren Mendez, Tom Trager
Voices- Leigh Lahav, Tom Trager
Original music- Daniel Koren
- George R.R. Martin (GAME OF THRONES) has signed an overall deal with HBO to continue on THRONES and also develop and produce new series. (We admit it. We love this guy. Everything he writes perfectly justifies our, you know,
- Want to write an animated TV series based on FarmVille? (We didn’t think so, but if you do, have your peeps get in touch with Brett Ratner’s peeps cuz he’s all gung-ho about such a project and doesn’t have a writer – or network – for it yet.)
- Justin Herber & Adam Hoff (no credits, which is cool) are writing the pilot for THE EDGE, a thriller type drama about dark goings-on at a hot financial institution for USA. (Music legend John Legend looks like the guy who made the deal…but he doesn’t have any TV credits either, does he?)
- Frank Spotnitz (THE X-FILES) is adapting Philip K. Dick’s muy heavy novel The Man in the High Castle into a Syfy TV film. (We know Frank’s a Big Writing Gun, but how do you get good science fiction past the Syfy Gateskeepers of Crap? Even with Ridley Scott on board to produce?)