- Murray Miller (GIRLS) has a new overall deal with HBO and is co-writing a comedy pilot for them called MR. ROMANCE with Casper Christian (KLOWN). (Congrats to all concerned. We’re thinking this is going to turn out well for everybody, even the audience.)
- Scott Kosar (THE MACHINIST) is writing a History Channel miniseries to be called THE LOST YEARS. (And guess whose lost years they’ll be? Nope – Jesus, baby. The secret, hidden truth about The Son Of God. Think that one’ll ever get past the true believers and on the air? For that matter, should it?)
- Steven S. DeKnight (SPARTACUS) is adapting the Italian drama ROMANZO CRIMINALE into a series for Starz about Philadelphia mobs in the ’60s and ’70s. (Which seems to have nothing whatsoever to do with the original, which is set in Rome in the ’70s and ’80s except, you know, Italian mobsters, whoa! Although come to think of it, that’s probably more than enough.)
- James Shiban (HELL ON WHEELS) is developing a History Channel miniseries about JAMESTOWN, in all its patriotic glory. (Or, hopefully, in all its harsh reality cuz for us that would be way, way cooler. Good luck, Jimmy boy!)
- Jenji Kohan (ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK) is creating an HBO series about the Salem witch trials. (And, no, we don’t care how it comes out, we’re in love with anybody who has the cajones to call herself Jenji and on top of that do in her parents by daring to spell her last name with a K.)
- John Singleton (SHAFT) is writing the pilot for a drama series called CLUB LIFE: MIAMI for HBO. (Which will be totally cool cuz he’s being overseen by one of our biggest heroes over here: Russell Simmons. What a great dude!)
Womens in prison! So many chances for exploitive sex! Gotta luv it, baby!
Womens in prison! So many chances for exploitive sex! None of them taken!
But I do love it. Cuz it’s by Jenji Kohan, the same woman who ran WEEDS. And it goes into everything that’s everything about real human lives. I could swear that I know these peeps. That I’m related to ’em even. And nobody I know or am related to has ever been in prison. (Well, except for Uncle Chad’s DUI, and GF’s assault charge for bopping her ex in the labonza.)
munchman lurves him his Netflix. (Especially now that the GF has her own special list and I don’t have to be assaulted by the ex’s now cancelled TV show every time I log in.
Uh-oh, I’m thinking I just said way too much. Good thing she never visits TVWriter™. (Cuz she’s, you know, a serious assistant director now….)