- Barry Schindel (UNFORGETTABLE) is writing the CBS pilot, BLACKWOOD, a drama about a lawyer whose wife is killed, changing his life much the way Richard Kimble’s life was changed in THE FUGITIVE. Except that he isn’t a fugitive.
- Sheldon Turner (UP IN THE AIR) & KEN NOLAN (BLACK HAWK DOWN) are writing the Fox drama pilot ATLANTIS about two brothers who are, you know, searching for Atlantis. And discovering oceanic mysteries along the way, of course.
- Nick Santora (BREAKOUT KINGS) is writing BOOTS, a military drama for The CW about recruits who “must overcome their pasts and in so doing build their futures.” And maybe they’ll get in on a little action too?
- Jared Bush (ZOOTOPIA) & Sam Levine (WRECK-IT RALPH) are developing PENN ZERO: PART TIME HERO, an animated series for Disney XD about a kid who fights the superest of super villains every day after school.
- Nick Osborne (credits, credits, who knows Nick’s credits?) is wrting DAMASCUS, a CBS drama series about a crusading nun whose “beliefs are tested” when she partners up with an “elitist corporate lawyer” to help those in need of justice. (Oh, God, oh, God, we’re dying to say something snarky here, but we promised, we promised. Maybe if we dig our fingernails into our palms deeply enough…)
- Stephanie Savage (GOSSIP GIRL) is writing a limited drama series called THE ASTRONAUTS WIVES CLUB about the, um wives of astronauts in the early ’60s, when being an astronaut was way cool. Ms. Savage being the absolutely coolest writer we’ve ever met, we’re firmly on track with making nice about this one.
And thus endeth Day Three of TVWriter™’s new snarkless writing deal announcements. Big thanks to those who wrote to say that they miss the ‘tude. Big “oh, really?” to those who’ve said they like this column better without it. And a Really Big “Shhshh…” to those who’ve pointed out that we’re still being kinda asshatish, just in a different way.