- Kate Gersten (newbie) has made a deal to write an untitled sitcom pilot for Fox. (Kate’s a playwrighting student at Juilliard and the sitcom will be an adaptation of a play she’s written, so this should be good, dontcha know?)
- Rob Thomas (VERONICA MARS) is developing a contemporary version of Les Miserables for Fox. (Ooh, based on a hit film/play/book, so this should be good…maybe?)
- Liz Vassey (actress-writer on CSI once upon a time) is writing a sitcom pilot about, um, bowling for NBC. (Ooh, kinda reminds us of big hit THE BIG LEBOWSKY, so this should be awesome…huh?)
- Matt Dearborn (EVEN STEVENS) & Racelle Rosett (BLOSSOM) are writing a CBS sitcom pilot called RAISED BY WOLVES about a guy whose buddies help him raise his young daughter. (Hey, remember THREE MEN AND A BABY? It was kinda like this, so of course – gonna be huge…yeah?)
- Nikki Toscano (BATES MOTEL) is writing a “terrorist drama” pilot for CBS about a CIA agent who investigates terrorist training right here at home in the U.S.A. (And if this HOMELAND sound-alike doesn’t make it big, we’ll eat our…um…poison pill. Yeppers, that’s what we’ll do.)
- Pam Veasey (CSI: NY) is writing the pilot for a Fox series based on Jonathan Kellerman’s Alex Delaware mystery series about a psychologist who solves crimes with his partner, a secretly gay LAPD detective. (Gayness! LAPD! Already a best-selling series of books…oh, and produced by the man who brought us the whole darn CSI family. Couldja ask for more? Huh?)
And there ya have it for today. Who says we can’t be positive about the future of TV?