- Neal Baer (UNDER THE DOME) is writing a medical pilot, THE THREE BEHRS, for CBS as part of his new overall deal with CBS Televsion Studios.
- Mickey Rapkin (PITCH PERFECT) is writing the Fox pilot, FREELANCERS, a drama about a lawyer who loses his wife and his job and has to start over again at age 30.
- Deb Schoenman (GIRLS) is writing the pilot for NBC’s AND LIES I TELL MY DAUGHTER, a comedy based on “the Hellogiggles column” by Julia Obst.
- Eva Amurri Martino & Will McCormack (yes, they’re both actors) are writing the NBC pilot GROWING IVY about a dedicated career woman who invites her free-spirited mother to become her roommate so she can experience life.
- Todd A. Kessler & Glenn Kessler (DAMAGES) have sold an untitled series to Netflix about a family that is forced to face its past when its black sheep brother returns to the fold.
- Nicholas Pileggi (GOODFELLAS) is writing the pilot for THE FIVE FAMILIES, Discovery’s upcoming series about the “founding families of the Mafia.”
- Chad Damiani & J.P. Lavin have been hired by CBS to retool the classic Western action series THE CISCO KID.
And there you have today’s deal announcements, totally devoid of our usual commentary cuz, well, cuz our girlfriend bet us we couldn’t, as she put it, “write it straight” for a week, starting now. We figured it would be a piece of cake, but, whoa, you can’t believe the snark temptation that permeates projects like a writer named Baer writing a series about “Three Behrs,” or the fact that people at Fox think that 30 is such an advanced age that it must be hell to have to start over, or that Eva Amurri Martino is not only writing but also going to co-star in GROWING IVY, with her real life mother, some way over 30 type name of Susan Sarandon playing the free-spirited fictional mother, or…well, we’d better stop now before we totally blow the whole thing.
Get ready for several days of dealing with yours truly’s Very Deep Frustration, even though you don’t even know who we are.