19th Spec Scriptacular Winners
For contest ending June 1, 2013
- 1st Place: VEEP: WHITE HOUSE OF CARDS by Sam Miller
- 2nd Place: ANGER MANAGEMENT: THE BI-CURIOUS SWINGERS by Corinna Luise Mendis
- 3rd Place: THE BIG BANG THEORY: THE DREAM DIFFERENTIAL by Shayla D. Height
- 1st Place: THE NEWSROOM: BROTHERS IN ARMS by Cara Winter
- 2nd Place: ELEMENTARY: THE LADY OR THE DEVIL by Larry Caldwell
- 3rd Place: SUPERNATURAL: ALL THOSE YESTERDAYS by Cait Daly
- 1st Place: RESURRECTING JANE DOE by Carla Custance
- 2nd Place: ENSEMBLE by Chris Mann
- 3rd Place: MALE ORDER by Carla Custance
Way to go, gang! These scripts are awesome. The judges had their usual tough time, but all of them agreed on the 1st Place finishers. Just as all of the judges agreed that every one of the teleplays listed above is of top professional caliber.
This is the first time TVWriter™ hasn’t chosen an Overall Winner for this entire contest, and we’re glad we made that decision way back last January. There is no way any of the top teleplays here can be said to be “better” than the others. Good stories, good dialog, the kind of work nobody here could put down until they’d finished reading. We fully expect to find all of you are on show staffs in coming years.
Over the weekend we’ll be contacting all the Winners in both the Spec Scriptacular and the People’s Pilots regarding how to claim your prizes, and during the week LB will post his thoughts about the results – and the entries that prompted them. Next week you all should also start receiving your free Feedback, but please don’t freak out if you don’t get it right away. We’re talking about hundreds of scripts here and that means that this will probably have to be spread out over a fairly long time.
Oh, while we’re at it, we’d be remiss if we didn’t tell you to mark your calendars: The 2014 People’s Pilot and Spec Scriptacular competitions open January 1, 2014. And you know how sorry you’ll be if you miss them.
Congratulations to the Winners for their outstanding work and to everybody who entered. We’ve said it before, and we’ll say it again: As far as TVWriter™ is concerned, you’re the best!