One of TVWriter™’s superheroic researcher heroes discovered this little dispute that could be – mind you, we said “could be” – a very big deal not only ethically but pragmatically as well.
Yep, what we have here is a contretemps between a famous dood name of Robert DeNiro and a not so famous doodess name of Stefania Grassi. Now that you’ve watched the above comparison, read what Ms. Grassi has to say about it on her YouTube post:
Published on Oct 11, 2015
COMPARAZIONE MONOLOGHI VOCE OFF A CONFRONTO
1) I REMEMBER THE SOUND OF THE WIND AS I WAS FALLING ASLEEP—
THE TREE BRANCHES SCRAPING THE ROOF—
LIKE PEOPLE WHISPERING.
2) I HAD ONLY ONE THING IN MIND, ONLY ONE PLACE TO BE—
3) LIKE YOU CAN FLY IF YOU HAD THE WINGS
4) THERE WERE ALL THOSE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE WHO COME TO HERE AND I SEE THEM ALL—
PEOPLE OF EVERY COLOR, SHAPE AND SIZE—
AND I THINK ABOUT TO ALL THOSE THAT MADE IT—
THEY MADE IT IN SOME DISTANT SHORE, WHEN THEY COME UP THE BEACH, ALL OVER A BRIDGE, AROUND TO A ROAD—
5) AND THEY START TO WALK, THEY START WALKING FASTER AND FASTER–AND THEY’RE RUNNING—
THEY MADE IT—THEY WERE LAST HOME.
L’UOMO IN FRAC
WHAT WAS THAT? NEITHER DO I KNOW TO DEFINE, IF A LIGHTLESS TRIP ON A CROWDED HIGHWAY, I JUST DON’T KNOW. MYRIADS OF VOICES,
5) CAUSE THEY’VE BEEN A LOT OF VOICES, VOICES ON THE RUN.
ALL TOGETHER ASKING ME ABOUT THE MEANING OF LIFE, BARE OF ANY ILLUSION. AND I WAS REFLECTING THINKING ABOUT MY SEA, AT HOW THE WAVES BREAK ON THE BEACH—
3) AS IF I COULD FLY WITHOUT HAVING WINGS—
1) AND I REMEMBER THE SOUND OF THE WIND, AS I WERE CONSTANTLY FALLING ASLEEP, AND THE TREE BRANCHES AGAINST THE WINDOW—
PEOPLE WHO WERE TRYING TO GET IN,
CLIMBING MY SOUL TO THE HART.
4) PEOPLE OF THOUSAND OF FACES, SHAPE AND SIZE—
2) AND I HAD ONLY ONE THING IN MY MIND, MUTE, EMPTY, TASTELESS AND SORE, ONLY ONE PLACE TO BE—
AND I WAS WONDERING: IF THAT GOD EXISTS, WHY HE MADE ME TOUCH THE ETERNAL LOVE AND THEN TEAR IT SO? WHY HE GAVE ME A VOICE IF HE HAD TO SHUT ME DOWN THAT WAY? AND I KEPT THINKING ABOUT THE AIM AND THE MEANING OF WHY WE’RE BORN AND DIE.
Under my responsibility I declare the following: in June 2014 the first script of my work entitled “L’Uomo in Frac” was sent to Mr. De Niro. In the following months my lawyer has made contact with CAA, Tribeca, the Canal Production and the lawyer of Mr. De Niro, and my lawyer sent him the script of 05/12/2014, from which the actor, who wrote, who produced and who directed “The Ghost Of Ellis Island” has drawn: characterization of the character, literally “excerpts “of monologue and the total staging of my creative effort lasted almost three years.
To you the comparison.
Sorry for my english, i’m Italian.
Stefania Rossella Grassi
Sotto la mia responsabilità dichiaro quanto segue: in Giugno 2014 è stata consegnata la prima stesura della mia opera dal titolo “L’uomo in Frac” al Sig. De Niro. Nei mesi successivi uno studio legale da me incaricato ha preso contatti con CAA, la Tribeca e la Canal Production oltre all’Avv. del Sig. De Niro, inviando fino alla stesura del 05/12/2014, dalla quale chi interpreta, chi ha scritto, chi ha prodotto e chi ha diretto “The Ghost Of Ellis Island” ne ha tratto: caratterizzazione del personaggio, letteralmente “stralci” di monologo e la totale messa in scena del mio sforzo creativo durato quasi 3 anni.
A Voi il confronto.
More videos from Stefania Grassi are HERE