- It features a whole universe full of Ricks and Mortys, AKA DOCTOR WHO’s Doctor and whomever is his current companion, AKA BACK TO THE FUTURE’s Doc Brown and Marty.
- It’s totally irreverent. Rick is a genius and master of travel through time, space, and dimension. He’s also a miserable and physically disgusting old drunk who is using Morty – his grandson – as a shield to escape detection from all the enemies he makes in his travels.
- It turns every show in the super scientist hero genre completely upside down. Nobody is good. Nobody is evil. Everybody just – is. Including the alien villains – and allies.
- It’s funny as hell. Even your grandmother will laugh after she finishes complaining about the swearing and shit.
- It has a plan. A worldview. A philosophy of life. A grand arc into which every damn thing that happens fits. Everything.
- It proves that RICK AND MORTY co-creator Dan Harmon really is the genius COMMUNITY cultists have been claiming…even if the true sign of his genius is that he partnered up with series co-creator Justin Roiland.
- The Big Zero.
And then give thanks to whatever deity you worship, especially if it happens to be Dan Harmon, that this masterpiece has been picked up for a second season, in spite of Deity Dan Harmon’s reputation/personality/inability to play well with others. (Think about that one.)
In other words:
MUNCHMAN LOVES THIS SHOW
Ooh, ooh, ooh – it’s the !$#@ pilot!