crib sheet for future TVWriter™ visits
Writing & Showbiz News
Welcome to TVWriter™
Why am i showing you a “crib sheet?”
It’s like this…
Back in the 1950’s, a comic actor named Red Buttons had a kids’ show that fascinated me, although I’m damned if I remember why.
I do remember its theme song, however. Well, one line of the lyrics anyway:
Strange things are happening
And, yes, this was before Randy Newman’s version.
I bring up this absolutely meaningless bit of trivia because strange things are happening right now at TVWriter™. After over 23 years of continuous existence on the interwebs, this site (which was first registered July 7, 1998, is fading out.
The good news is we’re not going all the way to black, at least not yet. But the strange news is that 2021 is the year in which I have finally had to accept that I’m in my late 70s. (In fact, I’ll be turning 77 exactly four weeks after writing this.)
And being in my later years (I like to think of them as my “upper 70s”) I’m also being forced to accept the fact that I’m just plain exhausted trying to keep TVWriter™ updated while also living a life dedicated to being a wiser, kinder, better person than I was when I was younger.
So what I’m doing, as of November 8th, is forcing myself to disengage as much as possible from daily participation here as writer, editor, and publisher.
This means no more blog posts under the “LB” byline. No resumption of The People’s Pilot or our other dear, departed contest, The Spec Scriptacular. No more online classes of any kind (except for the Master Classes that are due to end December 1st). No more Pro Read & Critique or One-on-One Consultations–
LB’s INTERRUPTORY NOTE: Wait. What? No Read & Critiques or consults? Hold on now, Brode, don’tcha think that’s going too far?
LB PRIME: Okay, so maybe I’ll still do some Read & Critiques and One-on-One Consults. But only if the material and/or problems fully engage me…and only if I get paid a lot of money. How’s that?
LB’s INTERRUPTORY NOTE: Yeah, okay. That’ll work. The only thing better than being fully engaged is being paid a lot of money. That makes this a kind of win/win, yeah?
Speaking of win/win situations, although I’m not yet sure of how much of a win my disengagement will turn out to be- take that! OCD! – I do see this as a win for TVWriter™ visitors because:
- All the info published here during the last 23+ years will still be here, clickable via clicking on the menus at the top and right side of every page.
- The two sections that seem to me to be the most important parts of the site, the ever-updated Writing & Showbiz News” and “Writing & Showbiz Tips” pages will continue ever-updating as per the algorithm I’ve been using here for the past year or so.
- I’m also allowing myself to occasionally post informative and/or snarky comments on Twitter whenever I feel the urge.
- The Trending and Top Posts algorithms will also be updated daily and clickable in the right side menu.
- And who knows? Maybe I’ll be even more exhausted by concentrating on real life than I’ve been by the show and interweb businesses and come racing back here sometime.
So that’s it. You’re all welcome to email me and shoot the shit at any time HERE. Plus, I’m not leaving FaceBook yet (although I probably should), so you can always friend me and have at it.
It’s been a joy having you all in my life. Hope you feel the same.